Our hedgehog houses and food are now in stock- ready to make the perfect home in a corner of your garden.
Our hedgehog food has been specially formulated, to give your hedgehogs the nutrition they need, without upsetting their delicate tummies. Hedgehogs usually hibernate between November and mid March and animals must have enough fat reserves to survive hibernation. Making hedgehog homes in the garden and providing food will help hedgehogs.
- Food and fresh water will encourage hedgehogs to return.
- Never feed hedgehogs milk, as it can cause diarrhoea. Provide plain, fresh water in a shallow bowl.
- Cover drains and holes and place bricks at the side of ponds, to give hedgehogs an easy route out.
- Cover swimming pools overnight and when not in use.
- Check for hedgehogs before using strimmers or mowers
- Build bonfires as close to time of lighting as possible and check them thoroughly before lighting.
- Remove sports or fruit netting when not in use, to prevent hedgehogs becoming entangled, and getting injured.
As many as 10 different hedgehogs may visit a garden over several nights, which could mean ‘your hedgehog’ is a number of different individuals visiting at different times!